Now that you have that perfect eSalon color, the last thing you want is dull, matte hair. eSalon’s Color Director Estelle Baumhauer shares her salon secrets for luminous hair:
- Cold water for straight hair: After washing and conditioning, rinse hair with cold water. This seals in conditioner and lays the cuticle flat to promote shine.
- Extra gentle for curly hair: Curly or wavy hair is naturally less shiny. Use extra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Detangle with a wide-tooth comb or fingers to prevent breakage, which zaps shine. Apply straightening gel and blow dry hair with a round brush.
- Align curls: Hair reflects more light when the strands are aligned. Large, structured curls reflect more light and look healthier. Try wrapping sections of curly hair around a large barrel curling iron for a few seconds to make it look more polished.
- Hydrate dry hair: If your hair is on the dry side, use a deep conditioning treatment or hair mask once a week to restore moisture to your hair. More moisture means more shine!
- Restore damaged hair: For damaged hair, improving its condition will increase shine. Restore damaged hair with a leave-in conditioner and a weekly deep conditioning treatment. For an emergency fix, angle a hair dryer down the shaft of your hair. This helps the cuticle lay flat and reflect more light, which produces shine.
- Enhancing product: Use a product specially designed to enhance the shine of color-treated hair, such as eSalon’s Color Enhancing Treatment, which helps boost up color while adding tons of moisture and shine.
- Remove product buildup: If you use lots of styling product, the buildup could be dulling your efforts. Remove buildup with clarifying shampoo – but don’t overuse because it can fade hair color. Use high-quality clarifying shampoo that is gentle on the scalp and hair.
- Detangle gently: Gently comb hair with a wide-tooth comb when it still has conditioner in the shower. A leave-in detangler can also help ease the knots. When you do detangle, start at the ends and work up to the roots.
- Add some color: Applying high quality pigment can actually add shine and make hair healthier than before. One great option for at-home hair color is eSalon.com. We may be a new hair care company, but eSalon.com is infuriating hairstylists across the country.
Maybe it’s because we provide that same salon service, but at home. We offer clients the full treatment: affordable hair color for home use, with the personal guidance of a professional colorist, and it doesn’t cost you a fortune.
eSalon is nothing like the one-size-fits-all boxed hair color you get at a drugstore. Instead, we provide custom blended hair color like you’d get in a salon. We use salon-grade ingredients that leave your hair soft, shiny and provide excellent gray coverage. The personalized pigment even has your name on the bottle, because it’s made for you and no one else.
And for a total hassle-free experience, each hair color order is delivered right to your door for under $20. That’s a far cry from the $100-plus you would pay at a salon!
Just ask our colorists how jealous some can get: “It’s so bad, we’re sometimes reluctant to tell other colorists what we do. But mostly we’re proud of the service we provide for busy, professional women.”
Customized color truly makes a difference. We already have a handful of high-profile mentions under our belt. InStyle Magazine named it “Best of the Web,” and the company has gotten kudos from Lucky Magazine and Good Housekeeping.
Right now, eSalon has a special offer for new customers: Get your first custom color kit for only $9.95* (a 50% savings!), with a full money-back guarantee including shipping (what other company does that?). Go here to give it a try: www.eSalon.com.