You’ve waded through the color guides and sorted through magazines – and now you’ve made the decision – you want to color your hair!
First off, we’re so happy for you! We believe there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to color your hair in an easy, affordable, and professional way! (Which, by the way, is exactly what we offer).
However, before you rush into a color head first, you should know a few things about the hair coloring basics. Color-treated hair is a little more delicate than regular hair, and a few changes to your beauty routine can help enhance your dashing new locks. Some important things to know before you take the color dive:
1. Skin tone. Make sure you take your skin tone into account before settling on a color. Some shades may bring out the wrong undertones in your skin and make you look sallow or orange! It’s best to use your natural hair color as a baseline for coloring and move up or down from there. And don’t forget – if you ever need advice on your coloring, eSalon color experts are only a phone call or email away!
2. Dry hair. Coloring your hair tends to make it drier, so always keep your bathroom stocked with a deep conditioner – and use it regularly! This will give you super protection from breakage and split ends.
3. Fading color. It’s an unfortunate part of hair coloring, but some intense colors (like brighter reds) tend to fade faster. There are several culprits: exposure to sunlight, overusing heated styling products, and over washing. But, you can put up a strong defense by using UV and heat protecting hair products and cutting down shampoo frequency.
4. Color-safe shampoo. Standard shampoos strip open the hair cuticle, allowing color molecules to leave the shaft. So you’ll need to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner designed for color treated hair, which will add moisture and also seal the cuticle to prevent color from fading. Try eSalon’s Color Safe Shampoo and Conditioner – it’s packed with proteins and nutrients to keep hair healthy!
5. Eyebrow shade. One common mistake is to match hair color to eyebrows. In fact, the eyebrows should be a shade darker than your hair color, enough for a slight contrast. This tiny color adjustment can give your face more definition and framing.
6. Shine. When hair reflects more light, it looks shiny and makes the color pop. Your hair reflects more light when it’s ultra moisturized. Use a leave-in conditioner to add moisture, then follow up with a shine serum or gloss if you need more glisten.
7. Cover grays. If you need to cover gray hair (don’t worry, we won’t tell), make sure you’re using the right kind of application. With more gray hair, choose a Permanent color, because it has stronger coverage and leaves a rich color. But with only a few gray strands you could consider a Demi-permanent color, which will fade after about 28 washes.
Now that you’re fully informed, we wish you the best in your hair coloring experience! And our color experts are always on stand-by to answer your questions.
The eSalon Team
At eSalon we’re dedicated to providing high quality, affordable home hair color blended just for you. We’re happy to say we’re nothing like those one-size-fits-all boxed colors at the drugstore, where the picture shows you one thing but your hair reveals another!
Instead, we offer custom blended hair color like you’d get in a salon. We use only salon-grade ingredients, so you hair will be soft, shiny, and have excellent gray coverage. And the personalized pigment even has your name on the bottle, because it’s made for you and no one else.
For your ultimate convenience, we deliver each order right to your doorstep for under $20. When you compare that to local salon visit, you can see why so many women are choosing our breakthrough hair color solution. If you don’t believe us, just check out the reviews on our Facebook page!
We currently have some great first-time promo deals offered through our site. Click here to start your hair color: www.eSalon.com